1 - Le Service Civique, qu'est ce que c'est ?
Le Service Civique est un engagement volontaire au service de l’intérêt général, ouvert à tous les jeunes de 16 à 25 ans, sans condition de diplôme, étendu jusquà 30 ans pour les jeunes en situation de handicap ; seuls comptent les savoirs-être et la motivation. Cependant, si vous faites un Service Civique international vous devez être majeur (18 ans voir 21 ans pour certains pays).
Appart from basics requirements such as the age (18-25 years old), foreigners can apply for French Civil Service but with specific conditions.
No visa or resident permit needed for E.U and Switzerland citizens. Algeria is the only country not able to take part in Civil Service programs.
Requirements for foreigners living in France
1- Living in France for more than 1 year and possessing one of the folowing resident permits :
- a resident permit allowing professional activities
- a resident permit with the “private life and family” mention
- a multiple years resident permit with the “talent passeport” mention
- a multiple years resident permit with the “talent family passeport” mention
- a resident permit with the “long term resident – EU” mention
- a resident permit with the “long term resident – EU family” mention
- a full right resident permit
- a resident permit for stateless people able to justify 3 years of regular living in France.
- a full right resident permit for foreigners who filled a complaints for several violations or testified in a criminal proceeding where the culprit had been sentenced.
2- Or having the folowwing resident permits, without duration conditions:
- a temporary resident permit with the”student” mention or a long term resident permit with student mention approved by the French office of Immigration and Integration
- a temporary resident permit with the “private life and family – subsidiary protection” mention
- a multiple years resident permit delivered after a first permit resident
- a full right resident permit for foreigners known as refugees
Requirements for foreigners (outside the E.U) coming to France to make a Civil Service as part of a cooperation project
Welcoming a foreign volunteer requires a prior strong cooperation project between the foreign NGO, the authorities and the hosting NGO in France (Youth Exchanges such as French-German volunteering program, decentralized cooperation projects, ect.). To welcome foreign volunteers implies to tafke care of transportation, accomodation and visa (the applicable visa is a temporary long-term stay with the “temporary grants of resident permit” mention.